Monday, January 19, 2009


"Tonight our birch tree crystalized into a giant gem, as if the whittlings of a star were caught on every limb."
(written by my grandma!)

It was simply magical yesterday. We had about 2 weeks of heavy fog that lasted all day and didn't let any sun though. It created hoarfrost on anything standing and when the sun finally peaked out it made everything glisten and shine. It looked like diamonds were hanging on the trees glistening. I took a long walk with babe who wasn't as amazed by the sight as I (he fell asleep quite quickly).

I actually got some work done on my socks. I turned the heels and now am working my way up the calf. They are a little bit big, but that is better than too small. Babe is on my back right now and it feels a bit damp so I am going to check it out! Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures - Mom always loved the trees covered with frost. Guess it is genetic - should ask K - tga

Anonymous said...

Lia,

Yes, TGA is right. Mom wrote, "Tonight our birch tree crystalized into a giant gem, as if the whittlings of a star were caught on every limb." (She could really spin words to make them shine.)

Mom

BreeAnn said...

It sure is magical isn't it. That was one of the up sides to the sub zero temps this last month, everything was so beautiful. Thanks for the Poem, it really brightened my morning!

Sally Knitz said...

It is so lovely, especially against the blue sky.

lani Keller said...

Pretty pretty! I love the poem too!

Blog Archive