Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mission - Duck Family Reunification


As you can see from this picture, we had a situation in the yard this evening.  Mama and two babies were outside the fence and the disobedient (and hungry) other children were on our side of the fence.  They spent a lot of time walking the fence trying to find a way out, but to no avail.  I had to take matters into my own hands.  I tried to slowly walk the ducklings towards the fence, but I only succeeded in making 3 babies surge through the little opening (thankfully they made it!).  I finally, walked slowly, slowly, slowly and clucked at them until they made it to the opening and squeezed through.  Yipee! Mama quickly herded them towards the creek and they got a stern clucking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! For a while there I thought we were going to have a herd of ducklings for pets!

Your mom

Anonymous said...

Great story and picture - I am sure you are now their hero!! tga xox

Blog Archive