Monday, October 20, 2014

weekend

 A couple of my friends and I spent the weekend at a forest service cabin and then a yurt.  It was gorgeous with clear skies (no northern lights though).  Nam and Bop babysat so I could do this and I am so grateful as it was really fun.  We found some geocaches, talked a lot and ate super good food (fondue, organic pasta with walnut pesto and smores of course).

 It was a bit cold, but we tried to keep the fire going in the stove. 

 We didn't see any wildlife.  One morning, we went down to get water and there were no prints on the sand.  A couple of minutes later we came back to take pictures and saw these prints.  I am rather glad we missed these two bears! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great you had this weekend reprieve!

Your mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great girls nights out!! tga

Blog Archive