Monday, June 29, 2015

My weekend

 I took a hike to the ballfield this weekend.  It is a huge open area way up in the mountains.  I love it up there.  I was going to hike a peak, but it was WINDY and spitting a little rain. I thought it would be safer to stay off the ridge line.  I did find this nice little flower as I sat down for lunch.
 I also found a big patch of cotton.  I love how white it is!
 This is a shot of Anchorage from the ball field.  Even though they are putting out the fires around the state, it looked rather smoky from up above.
Our Friday group met up at Arctic Valley.  It was raining and we didn't make it past the pond right off the parking lot.  The kids had fun pretend fishing until Duke got too cold and we headed down the mountain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend the day!! Thanks for the great pictures! tga

Anonymous said...

Great summer hiking pictures.

Your mom

Blog Archive