1. Fly during the day: crying babies aren't as noticeable when people aren't trying to sleep.
2. Bulkhead is nice for a bit of extra room and the window gives you a bit more privacy for nursing.
3. Bring a pashmina type scarf - they are great for covering up a babe and are the best way to cover up for nursing! (they are amazing nursing coverups)
4. Fanny Packs: stick in a few diapers, some wipes, a pacifier, wipe rag and anything else you might need during the flight. It will be easily accessible. I so am doing this next time.
5. Grab a pillow and blanket when you get on the plane to prop up your arm during nursing. You can also lay the babe on them across your lap for a bit of hands-free time.
6. Have a sense of humor and realize that babies cry, some people aren't nice and the baby probably will fill a diaper just as the plane leaves the ground. Also, there are many super nice and helpful people that love babies and will help you!