Wednesday, November 5, 2008



I love my bench. It is fabulous to sit upon with a babe upon my chest. We lean up against his ikea beaver and play as he looks out the window. I have my blankets and DVDS tucked safely inside with much room left for other assorted items.
It started out with an intricate plan drawn by my father and a few trips to Lowes. It is bombproof and modern with clean lines and a beautiful glacier blue on the inside. He might be willing to share his plans for the right price. I now have to get a cushion for the top so I (and Sahale) are comfortable on the top. He inspired me to think about building some more items - carpentry must be in my blood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful bench - I am sure it will be well used and loved. tga

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a fine bench and would serve as a handy hiding place if ever you have a spare body or two . . . or three.
-k

lani Keller said...

Sahale apparently likes it too!!

BreeAnn said...

Its gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the kind of fabric you choose for the top!

Blog Archive