Friday, August 28, 2009


We are back from our nightly walk (yes, we take all three beasts). It started raining about 1/2 way through and Huck fell asleep about 1/4 of the way into it. He is now wide awake and doing his "home work". He is reading books with grandpa. I swear you could read books to that child for hours and he would never tire. He does seem to gravitate to some books more than others and those seem to be the ones that I enjoy the least. He has one about colors and another about first words that he loves - I think he likes the real photographs over the drawn images. Oh well, reading is reading and books are books. I did sign him up for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Eventually, he will get a book a month until he is five. It is a wonderful program isn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reading bug is a good one to catch!

Your mom

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of Grandpa reading to Huck. How blessed you all are. Reading to a child is a gift you give them. tga

Anonymous said...

We are a family of readers.
-k

Anonymous said...

I guess I will be he lone dissenter on the wall paper - too busy for me. Dad

Blog Archive