Tuesday, September 29, 2009















Over the weekend, Huck and I helped do some winterizing at the Birchwood house. We helped my dad dig up the monstrous dahlia bulbs - Huck enjoyed carrying around a little tuber by a runner. It was quite amusing. We picked some more raspberries, peas and zucchini. I need some amazing ideas for some huge zucchinis - any ideas? It is just beautiful here. It was about 44 on our walk and a bit colder in the woods, but I just love it. It had been in the 80s last week for my older sis in Portland and that made me feel happy about being in the cool, crisp, Alaskan air!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now we're ready! Bring on the snow.

Your mom

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of Grandpa Mielke telling me about you helping him dig potatoes. He said you would bring one over saying "this is a really heavy one." The tradition continues! tga

Anonymous said...

It looks like fall.
-k

lani Keller said...

It is so funny how he has always got to be holding something in those little hands!

BreeAnn said...

I have a recipe for chocolate zucchini cupcakes! I also saw a recipe for zucchini salsa. let me know if you want them!

Blog Archive