Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Strange things afoot... Huck and I were leaving the house yesterday and looked at the yard on the left and saw four female ducks waddling around. It was raining and a small stream was flowing on the road side, but I think they may have been a bit off course. Maybe they were looking for some shelter in the trees! Who knows, but it was amusing enough to get me to dig out my camera and snap a quick shot.




Also on the odd front is a completed knitting project. I put aside the socks for a while and whipped up some hats. This is one of my favorites - I wanted to knit a hat from a book that had you knit it in pieces and sew it up. I just made my own pattern and I love the way it looks. The pattern is modeled after the retro flying helmet. Doesn't he look smashing in it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he looks smashing and if he worn the hat every day it might prevent some of the smashing his head gets when he crashes into things.

Your mom

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the hat! What yarn did you use?
-k

Lara said...

Love the hat! Great work. So cute. :)

lani Keller said...

I love love love that hat!!

Coleens Recipes said...

I'll bet you could sell a million of these at any holiday craft fair (or online).

Sandy said...

OMG! I LOVE it! You always seem so gifted when it comes to knitting and sewing!

Anonymous said...

He looks like a fighter pilot - and a very handsome one at that!! tga

Blog Archive