Friday, May 11, 2012

Hike. Sort of.

We went out to hike with our Thursday group and the weather wasn't the best.  It was windy and when there were big gusts, it blew in some little bits of snow.  I didn't mind it at all.  The boys and friends enjoyed some good old fashioned 'puddle fishin'.  

I forgot the lunch I packed and reminded myself to not forget.  Alas, we had to break into the survival food.  The boys didn't mind sharing a Snickers bar with me at all.

Duke was quite chipper.  I love this picture of him.  It totally captures his personality.

We found quite a bit of snow as well.  

Then the found this pipe that diverted water under the trail and to the other side.  They both had so much fun splashing through it until...  First, a stick tripped Duke and he landed torso down into the river.  Amazingly, his Bear Grylls coat was soaked, but the fleece underneath was totally dry.  Thank you Bear!  Secondly, Kincaid walked down the river a bit and found that when he was up to his knees, water seeped into his boots a bit.  We were near the car and were fine.  I found it all rather humorous.  They both were laughing saying, "I am totally drenched."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of a great "sort of" hike.

Your mom

Anonymous said...

Great way to spend the day! tag

Coleens Recipes said...

That first photo looks like a Bruegel painting.

Blog Archive