Monday, February 17, 2014

Icy Fun!

On Friday, I gathered up all of our gear and headed out to our Friday playgroup.  I soon realized that I forgot my coat (but did have extra mittens for the kids) and felt that the blanket wrapped around me wouldn't cut it in the 10 degree weather.  Mom came to the rescue and brought me my coat.  It was a good thing as we stayed outside over 3 hours.  Seriously!

I froze water in heart molds and the kiddos played with them for a long time.  They kicked them down the hill, collected them, buried them and had a great time.  

We went on a walk and at our swamp found the most beautiful art installation.  The ice on the 'lake' had  cracked into pieces and someone stood them up on the edge.  So pretty!  The kids loved it and spent time adding their own pieces.  When I skied by the next day, other people were adding their own ice chunks to the art!

The sun came out and it warmed up quite a bit.  It was just one of those wonderful days!

Here the kids are again playing with the hearts!  I hope you had a great Valentine's Day - we sure did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colored hearts! Looks like time well spent! tga

Anonymous said...

The pictures are all great and the boys looks happy in the cold and sun.

Your mom

Blog Archive