Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Blog Post Where I Talk About 5 Fantastic Food Finds!!


1. Sweet Potato french fries: I picked these up at WalMart and they are so darn good. I just toss them in a pan with a bit of oil and then eat, eat, eat.


2. This is the best Alfredo recipe I have found. It is a bit rich, but when used in moderation it is fantastic!

3. I couldn't find my usual boxed scone mix and finally found this recipe. They were really tasty - I used the 1/3 cup of sugar for extra sweetness! Yummo.


4. My aunt sent me this recipe that looks delectable. It is for individual chocolate cakes in mugs made in 5 minutes from the microwave. How fantastic! I can't wait to make these, but am a little worried I could get a bit addicted.

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!


5. My mother makes these cereal bars and I find myself eating about a million of them without knowing it. They also were a bit hit at the husband's work the other day. Here is the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
7 cups high protein crisp rice

and wheat cereal
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and light corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal. Pat the cereal mixture into the greased pan.
3. Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave. Spread the melted mixture over the cereal bars and refrigerate to set

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a interesting blog - I HAVE to try the sweet potato chips - made my mouth water. Have a great day - tga

lani Keller said...

Three people today posted amazing food blogs and I seriously hungry and it is only 7:33am. Today is going to be a long day.

-lk

Anonymous said...

I love alfredo (with chicken) but mom can't go the richness - nor can you go the' little eyes' so perhaps will make some myself? dad

BreeAnn said...

I love baking, but I have *never* seen this 5 minute cake recipe!! Where did you get it?? What a neat idea!

Knit and Fit said...

Thanks for the yummy recipes, especially the microwave chocolate goodness

Blog Archive