Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I started knitting the babe a new hat. I searched forever for a pattern (older sis can verify that) and decided to do one top down. I found a pattern to figure out the decreases, but started out with a figure eight cast on as you would do with toe up socks. I thought top down would work best so that I could just keep trying it on the babe to see how long to make it. Obviously, it isn't long enough yet! He didn't enjoy this photo shoot very much, but I got one picture in at least!!!


My mom got quite a bit of press recently in Alaska. Palin isn't the only hot lady up north in the news. Along with teaching English and Marketing, she also runs a branch of Wells Fargo in the high school It had a ten year anniversary and here is the link to an article about it. So kudos to my mom!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Huck likes to "model"! I saw the story about your Mom and wrote her - she is an amazing woman and we are blessed to have her in our lives - tga

Anonymous said...

What an impressive family from which I come.
-k

BreeAnn said...

I can't wait to see Huck in the finished hat! Thanks for the link to your mom's article, she is an inspiration for us all!

Fairy Spun Fibers said...

Awwww - Huck is just totally adorable, Lia! Of course, you probably needed me to point that out to you... ::coff::

Your mom is...wow! What a totally cool idea, having a student-run branch bank AT the school! Your mom rocks!
Give Huck-bunny smoochies from me (it was great seeing you guys on the 'cam the other day!) - glad the nursing is going well. I loved going to the LLL mtgs, too, and we nursed a good long time, too. I hated the whole idea of giving it up, knowing I wasn't able to have any more babies (boo-hoo!).
Love (and we miss you!),
Connie

lani Keller said...

Awww...how sweet you made Huck a yamika (sp?!?)

Thanks for sending the article about mom!

-lani

Blog Archive