Wednesday, November 26, 2008


While babe did this, I frantically searched for something to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. We were invited to my friend's parents house (the one with the twins and 2 year old) and I am bringing a side. I thought about the pumpkin pie wontons or the bruleed sweet potatoes (so I could use the torch), but decided upon a cranberry, spinach salad with almonds, feta and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow and fear that throngs of people will be yelling their way through Walmart. Alas, a gal has to do what a gal with an empty refrigerator has to do.

On a totally unrelated note, I wanted to give some props to Florida. Not because of the sun, sand or wonderful town of Cedar Keys (family joke). It is because they let a gay couple adopt their foster children against a state law. The judge said that no evidence supports a detrimental outcome to being raised by homosexuals. They thought it would be worse for the children to have to be transferred to another home after being fostered by the couple for so long. Congrats Florida - you have something going for you now!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor babe has nothing to sleep with except a burp-up towel . . . Thank goodness his auntie will be with him soon to remedy the situation.
-k

Anonymous said...

Your recipes sound wonderful - wish you were bringing them here - I love K's posts to you!! tga I am going to have a houseful coming and going so I am doing flaco's -

Blog Archive