Thursday, July 30, 2009














(our team at the finish, Huck and I by the time clock and Huck's blood spot where he swatted a mosquito)


We had a fantastic evening orienteering last night! Yep, I put Huck into the pack and grabbed my mom. It was a weird-o so that meant at some of the controls there were tasks - find the puncher under one of a dozen pots, use a laundry line to pull it to you or use a kayak to get to the punch tied to a buoy in the lake!). Basically, they give you a map with circles marking the general area of puncher that use to punch a little card. You have to figure out how to get to the area - mom and I were a good team as I would use the compass to get a bearing and direction while mom would look around for the marker. It rained all day and then the sun came out and it was about 70! There were TONS of mosquitoes in the woods, but the wind came out and blew them away. It was so much fun. Huck enjoyed the 1/2 that he was awake for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand just what the orienting was but it sounds and looks like fun. Poor little guy he is an easy target for the bugs. Have a good day - tga

Coleens Recipes said...

Such great photos! I love the way Huck is always checking out stuff (never eyes straight ahead). I love seeing your belly bump too!!

Blog Archive