Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rain Is Here To Stay

 I am glad that it is raining so much after seeing the news reports of all the fires down South.  One report said it was moving at 40 feet a second - that is crazy. We are forecasted for rain for the next two weeks.   They mentioned a possibility of thunder and lightening tomorrow!  How exciting - apparently we get it 1-2 times a year.  We made the best of the rain.  I was surprised that seven families joined us at skedaddle this week.  The boys were fine with all the rain!
 They were on the swings until I told them I could push them no longer.  They could stay on the swings forever if I let them.
 Then, they found a puddle with a dead worm.  A little while later Duke walked over to me with a little bit of brown on his face and said, "I'm sorry Mom."  I asked him why he was sorry and he said, "I ate the dead worm.  It was blechy."  He had some water to wash out the taste.  I blame Bear.
 Kincaid ran with his friend (that he alternates between really liking and being frightened of) for a bit before heading home.  They share a love of fishing and chase.
 The boys both took a nap, so we headed out to Ship Creek to tired them out a bit.  We were supposed to watch a baseball game, but it got rained out unfortunately! 
 Duke brought a pole and Kincaid took his net.  They were a bit disappointed they couldn't go down to the raging river, but were distracted by the puddles.  I have never seen Ship Creek so big and fast. 
All the gates were opened and it was impressive!  You can see Kin and Nam at the left walking back to the car.  Kincaid asked a fisherman if "had any luck", but the guy said it was too early and no one had seen anything.   Oh well! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks wet!
K

Anonymous said...

You make the rain look god, Lia.

Your mom

Blog Archive